Saturday, August 14, 2010

Movie marathon

My 3rd weekend in Doha just got over. So far it has been a movie festival for me.
I watched 3 tamil ,2 hindi and 1 telugu movie
The following are those,in the order I liked them.

Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (Tamil)     Rating: 5/5

As the title suggests, it's a movie centering on Kabaddi. Has mild similarities with Lagaan and Chak de India where the underdogs team end up becoming superstars. I loved this movie. The story, the characters and the whole setup was very realistic and natural, unlike many of the telugu commercial movies. It's a touching story.
The actress Saranya Mohan is very pretty in this movie.



Amrit (Hindi) Rating: 4.5/5





It's a Rajesh Khanna movie. It was screened on Zee Aflan. As expected a sentimental and moving story. I liked the story and the way it was made.





Raajneeti (Hindi) Rating: 4/5


As some one said it is indeed a mahabharata in 2.5hrs. It was like watching mahabharata in fast forward mode. It's not a bad flick and I can recommend this movie to others. It's all about political strategies.





Vasool Raja MBBS (Tamil) Rating: 3/5


I've watched Munnabhai MBBS in hindi and Shankardada MBBS in telugu. This movie is not that good when compared to the other versions. Kamal doesnt seem to miss any chance of exposing his biceps. Every alternate scene you see him flexing it.
But I am a big fan of Kamal Hassan, he is one complete actor. Sadly none of his recent movies are my favorites.



Yaaradi Nee Mohini (Tamil) Rating: 1/5


It's a remake of the telugu movie "Aadavari Matalaku Ardhaale Verule". The telugu movie is much better than the tamil version. Danush was definitely a wrong pick for the lead role. Wonder how can people digest the fight stunts of this boney guy.




Don Seenu (Telugu) Rating: 0/5


Worst of all movies I watched this weekend. The story is so pathetic, wonder how can some one think doing such movies. It was supposed to be a comedy movie, but no scene was worth a laugh. Throughout the movie..it just gets worse as u go on watching it...making you throw up at the climax.


Next am going to watch
Madrasapattinam (Tamil)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome brickbats as well..so hit me hard with your comments..